Myrtle Beach Throws One Big, Summer-Long Party
Guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk are in the perfect position to celebrate the special occasions. Located in the heart of the downtown oceanfront district, Bay View on the Boardwalk is only a seaside stroll from many of the top venues for the festivities, like Plyler Park, the Second Avenue Pier and the old Pavilion site. Other festivals are held throughout the Grand Strand and are worth the short trip. Here's a list of the full summer festival lineup:
* Military Appreciation Days (through May 31): Memorial Day weekend is more than just a time to kick off the summer season in Myrtle Beach — it's also an opportunity to pay tribute to the American servicemen and women who gave their lives for our freedoms. The Market Common in Myrtle Beach hosts the Military Appreciation Days Parade & Picnic on Saturday, May 27, when a parade, hot dogs, hamburgers, cold drinks and patriotic music will make up an all-American day. On Monday, May 29, the Veterans March is held on Ocean Boulevard, followed by a Memorial Day Ceremony at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center.
* Summer Nights at Broadway (June 6-Sept. 4): Broadway at the Beach plays host to a summer-long series of free concerts, fireworks and other family-friendly entertainment every night of the week. The highlight of this festival is the free fireworks shows held most Tuesday and Friday nights. Live music and other entertainers, including comedians, jugglers and dancers, perform on the main stage nightly.
* Carolina Country Music Fest (June 8-11): Guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk are only a few blocks from the concert event of the summer on the former Pavilion amusement park site. Featuring live music on three stages, this year's event includes country music superstars Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney and Darius Rucker, along with more than 30 other acts playing during the three-day beachfront party. Tickets are going fast, and a sellout crowd of more than 30,000 is expected — but Bay View guests can even hear the music for free by simply strolling down the Boardwalk or Ocean Boulevard.
* Hot Summer Nights Festival (June 12-Sept. 4): Guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk don't have to worry about their evening plans. With free entertainment held in the downtown district, guests can simply head down the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk to nightly entertainment for the whole family. Among the highlights are the Kids Carnival (Mondays), fireworks (Wednesdays) and live music six nights a week on the main stage in Plyler Park. The fireworks are launched from the Second Avenue Pier, so guests can watch them from the beach or their oceanfront balcony.
* Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival (Sept. 1-2): There is no better way to end the summer season than with this festival offering great food, music, dancing and more at The Market Common. In addition to attracting some of the top barbecue pitmasters in the country to compete for a world championship and share samples with the public, the Beach, Boogie & BBQ Festival also offers live music, vendors, a car show and a kids’ play zone.
These are just a few of the fun festivals on the schedule for the summer of 2017, and guests at Bay View on the Boardwalk are right in the middle of all the action. Book your summer vacation right here at Bay View on the Boardwalk today, and get ready for a summer-long shindig.