How to Plan the Perfect Family Reunion in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina is more than just America's favorite family beach vacation destination; it's also one of the most popular places to host a family reunion. The scenic seaside location and the abundance of activities in the Grand Strand area make it the ideal gathering spot for folks looking to stay connected with their with family tree and roots.
But getting everyone in your extended family together in one place at the same time can be a massive undertaking that requires proper planning and coordination. Picking a date and scheduling all the reunion activities might seem overwhelming at first, but here are a few tips for helping you plan the perfect family reunion in Myrtle Beach:
* Accommodations: Choosing a hotel or resort is as important as picking the right date. Bay View on the Boardwalk offers clean and comfortable oceanfront accommodations of varying sizes, as well as excellent on-site amenities where the entire family can have a good time on the beach, in the pools and other aquatic facilities, and along the adjoining Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. The spacious, seaside pool deck and tanning lawn provide plenty of space for holding family reunion functions.
* Activities: One of the best reasons to hold your family reunion in Myrtle Beach and at Bay View on the Boardwalk is that there is never a shortage of fun things to do. Guests can stroll down the 1.3-mile oceanfront walkway to some of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, such as Second Avenue Pier, the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, and Family Kingdom. Plyler Park, the centerpiece of the Boardwalk, holds nightly entertainment throughout the summer months so you always have a free concert or fireworks show to attend.
* Games: Many family reunions share a common theme - good food followed by some friendly competition. Whether it’s horseshoes, corn hole or a treasure hunt for the kids, Bay View on the Boardwalk's back yard and beachfront provide a sandy and sunny playground for all sorts of family fun and games. For those families that enjoy golf, you've come to the right place. Let Bay View's friendly staff help you plan a family golf outing at one of the more than 80 championship courses on the Strand.
* Meals: Feeding an extended family three meals a day (plus snacks and drinks) is a huge undertaking, but good planning and delegation can make it a breeze. After you’ve received all the RSVPs, put each household in charge of bringing certain items, from breakfast and lunch items to paper plates and plastic cups. You also want to make reservations for the restaurants that will best suit your crew’s taste buds. Seafood buffets and establishments with private rooms are ideal for family gatherings.
* Sightseeing: It would be a shame to invite family members from all over the country to Myrtle Beach and not experience the attractions, restaurants and shops on the Grand Strand. Plan a family trip to Brookgreen Gardens, Broadway at the Beach or The Market Common to give everyone a taste of what the area has to offer. That includes tours of the local historic sites or a boat ride through the natural beauty of the Carolina coast. Bus tours are available to local theaters and other landmarks that can accommodate groups of any size.
The first step is setting a date and location for your family reunion, and Bay View on the Boardwalk is your best option for accommodating your shindig. Book your rooms and plans today and let our friendly staff know if there is anything we can do to make your family reunion a success.