5 Fun Activities for Toddlers in Myrtle Beach
A child's first trip to the beach is a magical time, perhaps even more so for the parents. Watching your little one discover the sand, surf and fun in the sun for the first time can fill up a photo album with memories that will last a lifetime.
The experience is even better when you stay at The Breakers Resort on the oceanfront of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where the kid-friendly amenities and family-friendly entertainment provide endless opportunities for toddlers and parents to have fun. So strap the little ones in their car seats and head to Myrtle Beach to enjoy these hot spots for tots:
* Beach: This one is easy, and FREE. Located just steps from your room at The Breakers, the beach is like one giant sandbox for kids to laugh and play in. A small plastic shovel and pail provide hours of entertainment, and parents can roll around with the kids in the surf and see their expressions when the cool waters tickle their toes. Of course, toddlers' skin is extra sensitive to sunlight, so use lots of high-SPF sunscreen and an umbrella to limit exposure. Also, for a safe day at the beach, make sure the kids don't try to taste any sand, salt water or shells.
* Children's Museum of South Carolina: Located only two blocks inland from The Breakers, this family-friendly facility is designed with kids in mind. While some of the exhibits are geared toward older kids, there are several displays that tweak the imaginations of toddlers, like the puppet shows and play toys in a special section just for the little ones. The Children's Museum of South Carolina also has animal displays and special events that are sure to put a smile on the kids' faces. For more information, visit www.cmsckids.org.
* Ripley's Aquarium: There's no better and safer way to introduce your child to the wonder under the seas than to visit this Broadway at the Beach attraction. It features massive tanks displaying all kinds of aquatic life, like colorful fish from the Amazon River and Great Barrier Reef as well as other unique creatures like turtles, stingrays and sharks. Toddlers also love the "make-believe" sea creatures, such as mermaid shows and the aquarium mascot, Sharky. Guests at The Breakers receive discounted admission as part of our Sun & Fun Rewards bonus program.
* Water Attractions: Guests at The Breakers don't even have to leave the resort property to find a splashing good time that's also safe for the little ones. Our splash pads feature water trickling down on a slip-free surface where toddlers can play in the kiddie pools. Parents can take their little ones on the Sunken Pirate Ship playground for a ride down the waterslides, and there are lots of pools and a lazy river where moms and dads can cool off by taking a dip with the kids.
* Zoos: There's something special about the relationship between children and animals. Kids can't help but smile and laugh at the sights and sounds of animals playing, and the Myrtle Beach area has a couple of zoos where this connection can be made. Brookgreen Gardens' Native Wildlife Zoo features native animals like otters, alligators and birds of prey, as well as farm animals like goats, chickens and miniature horses. Waccatee Zoo in nearby Socastee has a wide array of animals from all over the planet, including kangaroos, elephants and camels.
Those are just a few of the many fun activities parents and toddlers can enjoy during their Myrtle Beach vacation. Book your plans today, and enjoy your stay and play time at The Breakers Resort.