The Loss Prevention Officers patrol the entire premises of the Resort to prevent and detect signs of intrusion or activity that impacts the safety and security of people and property. They are responsible for enforcing policy and rules in a guest-friendly manner. Report any serious safety or security concerns to management and the authorities. Record events in writing by completing reports for any incidents which occur on property.
- Patrol assigned areas of the resort premises on foot, monitoring activity related to the safety and security of people and property.
- Respond to alarm and emergency calls; investigate disturbances. Decides what actions to take based on the situation, facts known and position limitations.
- Report safety and/or security issues to management and/or the authorities, based on severity.
- Monitor entrance and departure of employees, guests, or other visitors on property to guard against theft and maintain security of the property.
- Checks doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are tightly closed and locked; notes in written log any unlocked doors/windows; submits information to supervisor.
- Enforce resort policies that relate to safety & security in a guest friendly manner.
- Assist guests needing directions or property information.
- Complete incident/accident reports according to policy and submit to supervisor.
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Job Qualifications
- Knowledge of basic security and emergency procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with public.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and professionalism in stressful situations.
Education and Formal Training
High school diploma or GED required. Previous experience in loss prevention preferred.
Paradise Resort is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.