The Breakers Resort Offers New and Improved Lineup for 2017
First-time visitors to The Breakers Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, are blown away by the variety of fun activities and first-class amenities on the oceanfront property. Repeat guests are surprised to see the number of new things that pop up year after year — and the summer of 2017 is no exception.
Providing memorable vacation experiences for generations of families for more than 80 years, The Breakers has been constantly expanding, improving and upgrading to give our guests the best accommodations, amenities and hospitality possible. Here's a list of new features — both on the premises and in the surrounding area — to add some unexpected excitement and enjoyment to your Myrtle Beach vacation:
* Strong Waters Craft Cocktails & Kitchen: The Breakers Resort offers a wide selection of food and beverage options — from full-service dining at the Rusty Reel and Papa's Restaurant to refreshing frozen drinks and treats at the on-site Ben & Jerry's and Starbucks. Now, guests have one more place on the property where they can dine and unwind — Strong Waters Craft Cocktails & Kitchen. Offering a wide selection of cocktails, craft beers, vintage wines and creative cuisine, Strong Waters provides a relaxing modern/rustic atmosphere for dinner and drinks without having to leave the resort property. Happy hour serves discounted drinks and select appetizers for a great refresher after a long day on the beach.
* Papa's Restaurant: Longtime visitors will not recognize the new and improved Papa's at first glance thanks to a major renovation during the off-season. Featuring a more open floor plan with new furniture and fixtures, Papa's serves up the same great breakfasts in a more modern setting. Start your day at the beach with a made-to-order breakfast, or visit the buffet for a delicious first-meal spread.
* Sunken Pirate Ship: Kids have enjoyed playing on The Breakers’ pirate ship splash pad for years, but they are in for a big surprise when they arrive this summer. The Breakers has replaced the old one with a state-of-the-art pirate ship, complete with waterslides, water cannons and waterfalls where the little ones can use their imaginations and have a high-seas adventure on the safety of dry land. Of course, The Breakers still has more than 10 pools and other water features to choose from, as well as the adjoining Atlantic Ocean. Also new to the oceanfront pool deck is a summer filled with free entertainment, like live DJs hosting karaoke contests, Kid’s Club activities and other entertainers performing for our guests.
* Sun & Fun Rewards: The Breakers Resort is going the extra mile to show our guests a good time in 2017. Through Sept. 4, guests receive one free adult admission to Myrtle Waves Water Park (good for every day of your stay), one round of putt-putt at select courses around town, one game of laser tag at Fun Warehouse and discounted adult admission to Ripley's Aquarium for only $19.95. Your Sun & Fun Rewards package also allows you to enjoy free and unlimited DVD rentals for those rainy days and nights.
* In the Neighborhood: The Breakers Resort isn’t the only location in the downtown district that has undergone upgrades. The popular Myrtle Beach Boardwalk is currently being expanded one block north, making the 1.3-mile walkway even closer for guests at The Breakers. At the northernmost point of the oceanfront walkway, a new beach bar, RipTydz, is scheduled to open this summer, along with other new businesses along the Boardwalk. Located about 1 mile inland from The Breakers, Broadway at the Beach has added to its lineup in the off-season with the additions of Dave & Buster’s, Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen, and lots of new shops and attractions. Broadway has also launched its new Summer Nights at Broadway festival that offers free family entertainment nightly, including fireworks on most Tuesday and Friday evenings.
These are just a few of the new features you can add to your list of things to do during your Myrtle Beach vacation. Book your plans to stay at The Breakers Resort today, and get ready for the ultimate summer getaway!